I know that I write a lot of food. What can I say, I love food! Today is National Veggie Burger day, so here’s a recipe that Arnold would approve of. And if Arnold approves, your kids are sure to approve too.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 large yellow onion
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 T flaxseeds +3 T water
- ½ t coconut oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- Cut up sweet potatoes into bite size pieces; Cook in pot over stovetop until potatoes are soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, peel onion and slice in fourths.
- Once potatoes are soft, place into food processor or high-power blender. Add onion and spinach and pulse.
- After 30 seconds or so, turn off and add almond meal, flaxseed, water, oil, and juice.
- Pulse until everything is combined.
- From there, form mixture into balls, a bit larger than golf balls, and set on a baking try.
- Use your hand or a spatula to flatten burgers, and place entire baking sheet into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, allowing the burgers to hold form.
- After 30 minutes, heat a tiny bit of olive oil in a skillet and place burgers one at a time in the skillet, flipping over once they are golden brown.
Cook Time:20 mins
Prep Time:10 mins
Recipe credit- www.blog.Paleohacks.com.