Oh my, Arnold would be in Cookie heaven today! He loves his cookies! Here’s a fun peanut butter cookie recipe for you to try with your kiddos today:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
2. In large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix well until combined.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the flow mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Using a cookie dough scooper, or make the dough into a 1″ ball. Roll in white granulated sugar if you desire and place on to the baking sheet.
6. Using a fork, press down on each ball of dough to slightly fatten and creating a criss-cross pattern.
7. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
8. Cookies will keep well for a couple of days in an airtight container.
Recipe provided by a Dash of Sanity
Don’t forget, enjoy a cookie once in a while with Arnold!